Added 3 weeks ago
Cloud Ops Engineer - AWS
LocationSofia grad, Bulgaria PP Adecco
Cloud Ops Engineer - AWS
One of our most trusted clients – a global leader in the FMCG industry - is about to launch a new IT Development and Delivery Center based in Sofia. The team will develop across a wide spectrum of IT disciplines, including Information Security, Robotics, SAP, Infrastructure, Cloud and Business Intelligence. They are building a great team of technologists who will drive the digitization of their enterprise.
Currently, we are supporting their search for a Cloud Ops Engineer – AWS, Sofia
The Cloud Ops Engineer, Sofia is responsible for delivering cloud operational services, executing on the company’s leading edge cloud strategy. This role is focused on Service Delivery & Operational Support for core cloud IaaS, PaaS, & SaaS service offerings, across multiple cloud providers (this specific role focused on AWS), and is an extension of the headquarters based team. It includes, establishing and maintaining sustainable support processes, metrics driven operational support, service outage resolution, delivering & commercializing new cloud capabilities/services, and interactions with other support teams to deliver according to plans/strategy. Broad & deep technical skills on AWS cloud computing and automation are prerequisites.
• Provide expert technical leadership & stable operational support for workloads in the Cloud (specifically AWS), ensuring adherence to the overarching IT Cloud Architecture, and delivery of new designs.
• Monitor standards/policy compliance by developing or executing governance processes and tools to identify and measure non-compliance, and measure KPIs, & metrics and work with stakeholders to facilitate resolution and address issues with adherence to standards.
• Collaborate with various service providers to provide continuous services without disruption.
• Develop/Evolve processes and documentation for new areas of work. Mentor, train and guide team members.
• Routinely collaborate with stakeholders & headquarters-based team members, in order to maintain strong working relationships.
• Use technical skills to identify & recommend opportunities for optimization to drive down cloud costs.
• Assist with the automation of provisioning and managing cloud resources.
• Maintain/Evolve Cloud On-boarding/Off-boarding processes & documentation.
• Collaborate with project & application teams to accomplish migrations from traditional datacenters, to cloud. Consult with solution project teams to deliver cloud solutions which are compliant with the architecture and standards of the company.
• Lead/Participate in project efforts & track/report status against deliverables.
• Provide technical leadership for utilizing standard patterns/templates, reference architectures, and technologies as defined, to provision & automate support processes, in order to increase speed of delivery.
• Aid in the development of automation and self service capabilities for cloud, to increase efficiency & speed, including DevOps practices.
• Collaborate with stakeholder groups to ensure implementation of cloud initiatives to realize value.
• Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science discipline
Related Work Experience:
• 3-5 years of work experience in technology, cloud or relevant related field.
• Strong organizational, planning and communications skills are vital, including strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment and interact effectively with others by making customer satisfaction and solution quality high priorities for self and team.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in completing multiple and changing business priorities, requirements, and projects.
• Must be self-motivated, demonstrate a “can-do” attitude and be a "results" driven individual with a positive attitude for a timely delivery of agreed upon solutions.
• IT Industry Knowledge: Knowledge of the key directional trends and emerging technologies in Cloud Computing.
• Must have certification(s) or strong practical experience with the following:
o - Cloud computing platforms @ AWS
o - SaaS, PaaS, IaaS Cloud computing platforms
o - Automation technologies such as Puppet, Chef, Cloud Formation Templates, Terraform
o - Java, .NET, and LAMP technology stacks
o - Containers and microservices
o - Serverless
o - Web Services (SOAP, REST, XML), SOA, layered architectures, components, interfaces, messaging and patterns
o - OS: Linux, Windows, iOS, Android
o - Cloud security design and best practices
• GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates Curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
• SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations
• EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices, or ideas.
• PERFORMANCE DRIVEN & ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
• FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
• EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
• DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation)
• COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System
• ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
• INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
• DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others’ development to achieve full potential
If you find yourself in the description feel free to send us your CV today! You have 3 options below.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality. Recruitment license from National Agency of Employment №1814 from 08.12.2014
- Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science discipline
- 3-5 years of work experience in technology, cloud or relevant related field.
- Cloud computing platforms @ AWS
- SaaS, PaaS, IaaS Cloud computing platforms
- Automation technologies such as Puppet, Chef, Cloud Formation Templates, Terraform
- Java, .NET, and LAMP technology stacks
- Containers and microservices
- Web Services (SOAP, REST, XML), SOA, layered architectures, components, interfaces, messaging and patterns
- OS: Linux, Windows, iOS, Android
- Cloud security design and best practices