Latest update: December 2022
Adecco Bulgaria EOOD (and/or its applicable affiliated companies) with registered address at Business Park, building 4, floor 3, 1766 Sofia, Bulgaria (“Company”, “we” or “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy while visiting this website (the “Website”).
This “Privacy Notice” or “Policy” (together with other documents referred to herein) describes what personal information we collect from you and how we collect, use and process it.
There is an index below so you can go straight to the relevant section if you prefer.
We collect and use personal information to provide you with the best user experience, which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data means your name and documents evidencing your identity.
- Contact Data means your email addresses, telephone numbers, postal addresses, country, job title and company name and other information that could be on your business card.
- Contact Forms and Surveys Data means any information you provide to us when you use our contact forms (for example using the “Contact”, “Send us a Message”, “Stay in touch”, “Get financial updates” functions on our websites, apps, products or services), or when you participate in a survey (including its content), the record of that correspondence and other information or personal information you share with us when completing our contact forms in your sole discretion. (Please note that fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory fields, because we need this information to comply with or respond to your request.)
- Marketing Communications Data means information about how you respond to email, sms, phone, other marketing campaigns and when you sign up to receive our newsletters or our latest news, developments and research.
- Social Media Data means your profile data and other information you made public on or otherwise share with us from social media.
- Financial and Legal Events Data means any information you provide to us in relation to our financial or legal events (if you are eligible for these events) such as when you decide to participate in our webcasts about our financial results or shareholders meetings. If you phone us in relation to these events (for example to get technical support for the online events), then we will process your phone number and other information you may provide in relation to your request.
Depending on the relevant circumstances and applicable local laws and requirements, we may collect some of the information listed above when you visit our website, provide us with your business card, talk to us at a conference or other event, or if you are a customer or prospective customer.
We collect and use personal information to deliver our products and services, to send you information that you requested, or to contact you to provide additional information on our available products and services as more particularly detailed in section 2 below.
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity Data, Contact Data, Contact Forms and Surveys Data, Marketing Communications Data, Social Media Data and Financial and Legal Events Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise.
- This includes personal information you provide when you:
- apply for our products or services;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us feedback or contact us.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We will receive personal information about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Public information made available by you on social media and similar websites and apps;
- Public information about you in directories, for example of professional memberships or qualifications.
Communication with Individuals
We will only send marketing communications to you, as an individual, if you have consented to us doing so.
To receive marketing or promotional communications, you can opt-in by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data, or we can send you these communications based on our legitimates interests to promote our products and services where we are not obliged to obtain your consent by law
Communication with Businesses
We process your data within the scope of an existing business relationship with you or your company because:
- We have a contract with you (or are considering entering into a contract with you), where marketing activities are required part of the pre-contractual or contractual relationship between the parties. In this case, the personal information we collect and use for marketing purposes relates to individual employees of our clients and other companies with which we have an existing business relationship; or
- It is in our legitimate interests for the conduct of our business activities (for example, to communicate with you in a ‘business to business’ capacity in order to promote our products and services that we believe will be of interest to you or your company). In that regard, we may also obtain contact information from public sources, including content made public at social media websites, to make an initial contact with a relevant individual at a client or other company; or
- You consented to receive our marketing communications via e-mail as an individual at our clients/companies. In this case, we will send you marketing communications to develop or maintain a business relationship in accordance with applicable electronic and marketing communications laws. These communications may include web beacons, cookies, and similar technologies that allow us to know whether you open, read, or delete the message, and links you may click on.
We will usually offer you a check box on the forms we use to collect your personal information. If you agree to receive the communications, you must click the box.
How to unsubscribe?
In any case, where we send marketing communications to you via email, you may opt out of receiving any further marketing communications by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘opt-out’ function in the email.
In addition, you can also exercise your opt-out right at any time by contacting us here (please indicate the marketing communications you would like to opt out of receiving in the Request Details field).
Such recipients will only have access to your personal information as required by them to perform their functions and are not permitted to use such personal information for any other purposes. These recipients will be subject to contractual confidentiality obligations.
• To other entities belonging to the Adecco Group (i.e. any companies directly or indirectly controlled by Adecco). A list of Adecco Group companies is included here https://www.adeccogroup.com/worldwide-locations/ including their suppliers, contractors and agents, which can be involved in the provision of the Website or the content, so that we can better serve you or, simply, to give response to your requests (e.g. when you use contact us forms).
• To government or law enforcement authorities (Ministry of Labor and Social Policy, Ministry of Internal Affairs, NRA, NSSI, Employment Agency) if we determine in our sole discretion that we are under a legal obligation to do so.
Yes, we do use artificial intelligence (AI) at times. However, we do not use your personal information in any automated decision making (a decision made solely by the creation and application of
technologies without any human intervention) or profiling (processing of personal information with a range of technologies that reduce human intervention to evaluate certain conditions about an individual) that produces a legal effect or similarly significant effect concerning you.
We use a range of technologies to analyse data. In case of our website we might use your search terms for recommendations of job offerings. In all cases, there is always human intervention in these processes, as we use these tools to support our expert human decision makers.
We use automated systems/processes with the conditions described in the previous paragraph to recommend and display alternative search results to your search query. The main aim of this is to broaden the choice of job offerings to choose from. Accordingly, these AI systems do not have legal effect.
For example, when you are searching for a job as a “warehouse worker” we will display alternative but close job offerings like “pick packer” as well. The piece of processing that might use AI (for instance machine-learning, logic- or knowledge based and statistical approaches) is based on Natural Language Processing techniques to calculate similarities of words and word meanings. In any case these results are only shown to you as recommendations to make an informed decision about your application.
To facilitate our efficient use of your information and to provide you with the content and/or resources and/or services, we disclose your information to third parties. However, this disclosure will only occur in the following circumstances:
- To our suppliers.We will, for example, engage a supplier to carry out administrative and operational work in support of our relationship with you. The supplier(s) will be subject to contractual and other legal obligations to preserve the confidentiality of your data and to respect your privacy, and will only have access to the data they need to perform their functions; the relevant suppliers are typically IT suppliers (who host or support our IT systems, including information about you), premises management companies (who look after physical security at our buildings, and therefore need to know about you to allow access to our buildings) and back office finance and accounting management providers (who need to handle details of candidates in order to process accounts payable and receivable).
We also engage suppliers who provide IT technology services and solutions. This category of third parties includes:
- – Salesforce.com,inc: Salesforce Tower, 415 Mission Street, 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA with its hosting location in Germany providing us with the technology for our Candidate Platform.
- – Bullhorn Inc.: Boston, MA. United States. 100 Summer Street, 100 Summer St., USA with its hosting location in Ireland and Germany providing us with a software to manage the recruitment process.
- – TextKernel B.V.: Nieuwendammerkade 26A-5, 1022 AB Amsterdam, Netherlands with its hosting location in Germany providing us with CV parsing and search engine services.
- – Cammio B.V., Lange Houtstraat 13, 2511 CV The Hague, The Netherlands with its hosting location in Germany and Ireland providing us with Video interview services.
- – Planbition B.V., Jonkerbosplein 52, 6534 AB Nijmegen, Netherlands with its hosting location in The Netherlands providing us with workforce management services.
- – Qualtrics LLC., 333 W. River Park Drive, Provo, UT 84604, USA with its hosting location in Germany providing us with candidate satisfaction surveys.
- – HCL Technologies Limited, 806, Siddharth, 96, Nehru Place, New Delhi-110019 with its hosting location in The Netherlands and Germany providing us with infrastructure services.
- To members of The Adecco Group and their affiliates (“Members of The Adecco Group”) within or outside the European Union. A list of the countries in which we operate is available on our website at adeccogroup.com/worldwide-locations. Your information will be shared with them for different reasons:
- information is shared with Members of The Adecco Group that provide IT functions for The Adecco Group companies worldwide; those IT functions are located among others in Czech Republic, France, Greece and Bulgaria.
- information is also shared with Members of The Adecco Group worldwide (including the legal entities acquired after the collection of information) for the purposes previously described or to propose offers to you adapted to your profile where you have expressed an interest in local or international opportunities in that market, or Members of The Adecco Group identify that you may have particular skills required or helpful in that market.
- To government or law enforcement authorities. We will share your data with government, police, regulators or law enforcement agencies authorities if, at our sole discretion, we consider that we are legally obliged or authorised to do so or it would be prudent to do so.
- To prospective sellers or buyers and their advisors. As part of due diligence relating to (or implementation of) a merger, acquisition or other business transaction, we may need to disclose your data to the prospective seller or buyer and their advisors.
Your personal information can be transferred and processed in one or more other countries, in- or outside the European Union or Switzerland. A full list of the countries in which we operate is available on our website at www.adeccogroup.com/worldwide-locations.
We shall only transfer data to those parties set out in section 5 above who are outside the European Economic Area, or UK or Switzerland:
- to countries which the European Commission, or the UK Information Commissioner or the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner believes offers an adequate level of protection to you pursuant to Art 45 of the UK and EU GDPR or Art 6 of the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act (Art 16 revised Act) (a list of those countries is available here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection/adequacy-decisions_en) and here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/de/home/datenschutz/handel-und-wirtschaft/uebermittlung-ins-ausland.html (Switzerland), or;
- where the Adecco Group has put in place appropriate safeguards to seek to preserve the privacy of your information (for which we usually use one of the forms of data transfer contracts approved by the European Commission, or the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for the UK or the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner, copies of which are available here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection/standard-contractual-clauses-scc_en; and here: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/international-data-transfer-agreement-and-guidance/) and here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/de/home/datenschutz/handel-und-wirtschaft/uebermittlung-ins-ausland.html (Switzerland). These are approved by the European Commission, the UK Information Commissioner and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner under Art 46 of the EU and UK’s GDPR and Art 6 of the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act (Art 16 revised Act).
Those countries include the Members States of the European Union, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States.
You may request additional information in this respect and obtain a copy of the relevant safeguard by contacting us using the details set out below.
We understand how important is to protect your personal information. We have implemented operational procedures and adequate technical and organizational security measures to prevent any unauthorised access, alteration, deletion or transmission of this personal information.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, you should be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website or any third party; for this reason, any transmission is at your own risk.
Under applicable data protection laws, you have the following rights:
- Right to access and obtain a copy of your personal information
You are entitled to request confirmation of whether we process any of your personal information. Where this is the case, you may have access to your personal information and to certain information about how it is processed. In some cases, you can ask us to provide you with an electronic copy of your information. In some limited circumstances, you also have the right to request that we transfer (“port”) your personal information direct to another third party provider.
- Right to correct your personal information
If you can demonstrate that the personal information we hold about you is not correct, you can ask that this information is updated or otherwise corrected.
- Right to be forgotten or to delete personal information
In certain circumstances you have the right to have your personal information deleted. You may make such a request at any time and we will evaluate if your request should be granted, however this right is subject to any legal obligations we may have to retain data. For situations where in accordance with the law, we determine that your request to have your personal information deleted must be granted, we will do so without undue delay.
- Right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information
In certain circumstances you have the right to obtain restriction of the processing of your personal information, or to object to certain processing thereof on grounds relating to your particular situation.
- Right to withdraw consent
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you want to exercise any of your rights, please use our form by clicking here.
Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in the place where you live or work, or in the place where you think an issue in relation to your personal information has arisen.
The terms of this Privacy Notice may change from time to time. We shall publish any material changes to this Privacy Notice through appropriate notices either on this Website or contacting you using other communication channels.
In case you:
- have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice,
- would like further information about how we protect your information (for example when we transfer it outside your country), or
- want to contact The Adecco Group’s Data Protection Officer (DPO) or the local Privacy Lead,
please email The Adecco Group’s DPO at firstname.lastname@example.org or the local Privacy Lead at AdeccoBG.DataProtection@adecco.com.
To exercise any of your rights related to your personal information, please fill in this form .